Sunday, April 4, 2010

6 & 7

Almost no-showed for an event on my calendar for months worried that music would worsen my day long headache, loyalty to a dear friend kept me on track. Arrived just in time for her first song, one of my all time favorites, music that I selected to narrate a slideshow at my daughters' Brit Bat ceremony when they were weeks old.

When I hear Naomi's soulful chick rocker voice I feel good. I feel happy. Her music takes me to that place of peace and joy and head nodding. I am inspired by her talent, honored to be her friend, so proud of her, so wowed by her original songs and real stage presence.

Music is spiritual, making it and listening each are spiritual practices. Day 6 – music. Make some or listen to music that makes you happy. On Naomi's album “Meshuga'at” track 6 is a beautiful song she wrote for her mother entitled Because You're Near Me. Sing it tonight, the sixth night of the omer.

And chag is starting again so Day 7 is Naomi's track 7 What You Give, a fun song about friendship. Listen to or sing music that makes you dance and let your body move.

Listen to Naomi at www.naomiless.com.

Tonight is the sixth night of the omer and tomorrow night will be the next ascending number! Chag sameach!

No comments:

Post a Comment