Wednesday, April 21, 2010

23 Truths for Today

23 Truths all about me today:
1.Just realized and admitted that my girls are ready for pre-school and need to start soon.
2.I am a great teacher. Last week I rode the waves with off-the-walls elementary school children and this week they were putty – well, almost. Best thing, they have been going around school sharing my Rav Yoga teachings with everyone in their Day School. Guess they were paying attention, while screaming, dancing and rumpusing!
3.I am a very patient person. Also not at all afraid to voice my expectations and request they be met.
4.Once again I walked up to strangers to insert myself in their conversation.
5.Once again they THANKED me for it.
6.I am a pioneer and expert in my chosen fields.
7.Today I was chemo buddy for my dad. Sat with him for the two hours we waited till they started his meds. Then I had to leave. To make it to class. Then I came back to pick him up.
8.Sometimes you can show up at work with your three kids and it won't cause any harm. Hmmm. won't press my luck.
9.I really need a full time babysitter.
10.I really want a full time job.
11.My passions and creativity are bursting at the seams.
12.I am calm, cool and collected. Teaching a class while my 22 month olds wander the classroom, no problemo.
13.I am a good learner. I listen and pay attention.
14.I am stubborn in the best ways.
15.I make mistakes. And then try to make better choices.
16.I forgive, sometimes too easily. It's not worth wasting my energy with anger or resentment. I move thru the stages quickly.
17.I try to do teshuvah in fast order too. When I hurt someone, I feel awful. Unless they hurt me really bad, then I feel they deserve it. But I try to stop the cycle and recognize my flaws, feel remorse, offer a genuine apology, ask for forgiveness. Hold myself accountable to offer forgiveness for their part even if they don't ask. Still, let them be responsible for their own stuff while I take responsibility for mine.
18.I do repeat teshuvah. Often it takes many tries to learn the lesson, to approach a person I've hurt with real respect for their feelings and to let go of my defensiveness.
19.I minimize myself sometimes, probably my worse sin against myself. Because I'm actually pretty accomplished, talented and so (lovable and) capable.
20.I hate housework and suck at it.
21.I am extremely loyal and also protective.
22.I am very open minded about most things, yet with other things I have particular standards about right and wrong.
23.I hurt deeply when people are mean and malicious, unjust, abusive, rude, oblivious and greedy.

Today is the 23rd day of the Omer, three weeks and 2 days of the omer.

Practice:
List your 23 Truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment